I was a co-founder of SponServe, an Australian tech start-up that built software for rights holders and brands to manage their sponsorships. SponServe was acquired by KORE Software.
As a start-up, SponServe needed to make a splash when entering the market, initially in Australia but then later in the UK and USA. However, SponServe didn’t boast the bigger budgets that a lot of well-established businesses had.
I developed a content marketing strategy that was designed to demonstrate SponServe’s expertise and build trust in the industry. The goal was to generate subscribers to the email database which could then be converted into software demonstrations and ultimately clients.
The marketing tactics developed and implemented included:
- regular blogging by the MD;
- an industry-first podcast called Inside Sponsorship;
- weekly eMail newsletters;
- marketing automation;
- social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- a website;
- paid LinkedIn ads;
- a free sponsorship health check tool;
- a sponsorship planning tool;
- press releases;
- and high-converting landing pages.
I still host and produce the Inside Sponsorship podcast for KORE Software, boasting over 100 episodes.